Is it okay to leave them out at night?

peep peep

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 7, 2012
Georgia
I have some (almost) pullet banties that are 8 weeks, 7 weeks, and a 6 week. We let them out one day (in their soon to be coop) to see how they reacted. They LOVED it! We brought them back in that night, and they haven't been out since. ( This was last saturday) Now they try to fly around in their brooder, but don't really have the space. We'd love to put them in their coop, but we're afraid. are they too young? They're all very feathered and the right size for their ages.We want them out there enjoying themselves A.S.A.P.!
wee.gif

Give them a few options. Perches for the pecking order status climbers and a pile of bedding in one corner for the ones who want to cuddle up if it gets cold. I think the perches will be full first. Look in on them the first night a few hours after sunset but they should be fine. If you have power out there a drop chord light the first night might make you feel better. If they can fluff their feathers and sit on a perch 40 degree nights are going to be fine. They may want coffee at sun up.

I think your chicks should be fine out in their coop now at ages 6-8 weeks. And im sure Georgia has decent temps. We live in NH and its still pretty chilly our 12 chicks are 6 weeks old and we are putting them out to their coop tomorrow(would have been today but last min decided to paint the coop floor. Soooo tomorrows the day for us. We did run an extension cord to the coop and are going to have a heat lamp for them for a few weeks as our night temps are still in the 30s, 40s if we are lucky.

Blue EE- coffee at sun up made me smile. Ill be sitting out with my girls drinking my morning coffee soon.

Back
Top Bottom