Is it possible my baby guineas are blind?

9farmgirl9

Songster
8 Years
May 1, 2011
Jasper, Mo
I hatch 4 baby guineas together. They are only 2-4 days old. 2 of them can obviously see--they run all over when i feed or water them. But the other 2are very dousy always sleeping or laying down and i havent seen them eat. They also both have little white dots in their eyes. Are they blind?? And if so i can i get them to eat??

If you can get some Vit. A in liquid capsules I usually squeeze a drop in each eye twice a day for a week to see if it will help ones that appear to be blind.
Stores like Walmart, Kmart, Eckerds, CVS and others like that probably sell some.

I always grab my keets and dunk their noses in water twice a day for the first week or so. They learn to drink by me. then they learn to eat by pecking.

Most of the time out of my hatches of 30 or so there are always 1 or 2 that act like that and they always end up dying after a couple days. Its just the way they hatched they are not healthy. How long did they stay in the incubator after they hatched? I found out the longer they stay in there the better off they usually are. I leave mine in there for at least 24-36 hours.

Back
Top Bottom