Is it possible to build a cute, small coop?

People have repurposed the Fisher-Price toddler-sized house into a chicken coop. Has windows and all. Can easily add the interior needs.

539322cbe59bfeb08de3c231ca8d48c8.jpg

This is one from Pinterest

I still have the 1/4" hardware cloth to wrap around the legs and the access panels, and build the ramp, but it is close. The coop is 5'h x 3'L x 2'w and with the mini run the whole thing is 6x6x2. The coop looks a lot bigger than the mini run, but they have the entire underneath.

Here is the inside:

The nest box is inside, 12" x 19" x 24". One of mine is a Brahma, so we did a bigger nest box than the standard 12"x12x12. The compartment above the nest box is for coop cleaning tools and clothes or anything you want at hand but not pooped upon.

This is for 2 chickens and they will be out free ranging most of the day, most of the time. For times when that isn't possible, they can at least have some outside access.
We re-purposed a lot of the materiels - cupboard doors and their hardware, pegboard and plywood. We bought the 2x2s framing and the screen frame wood and the hardware cloth. The paint was all leftovers. I'll post another pic when we get the 1/4" hardware cloth on.

My co-worker built a coop out of a Thomas the Tank playhouse/bed... I tried searching online for it, but I can't locate a similar product.

0.jpg

(unfortunately you can't see the coop very well)

Seriously David, this coop is adorable. Would you perchance have any pix of the process, or any plans? If not, no worries, I'm already delighted with the pictures!

Back
Top Bottom