Is it possible to introduce 1 quail to a small flock?

its possible that because of space mine may have more issues. They currently have more than they need by far but it's a smaller space over all compared to the huge aviaries a lot of people seem to keep

Thank you all for the help,
I wound up buying all 4 of the birds the seller was offering. 2 red ranges and 2 panda (tibetan colored spots). Hopefully, I see some red tuxedos when I start to incubate my own eggs. I think that the red range is my absolute favorite color. I just love that beautiful cinnamon chocolate with the silver/ blue lacing. It makes them look more like mini chickens.

Are there any good resources for learning about quail genetics in-depth?
Also, has anyone had any luck vent-sexing before the males start producing the white foam? I think Myshire mentioned that they can do it at three weeks.

When can you be sure of the largest birds of your hatch? For example, if I were to weigh some 3 week olds and some were heavier than others would I be correct to assume that they will stay heavier and larger than the others? Is it possible that a lighter bird might put on some more weight and actually outweigh the others if given more time?

When can you be sure of the largest birds of your hatch? For example, if I were to weigh some 3 week olds and some were heavier than others would I be correct to assume that they will stay heavier and larger than the others? Is it possible that a lighter bird might put on some more weight and actually outweigh the others if given more time?
I would wait until about 6 weeks for final judgement.

Back
Top Bottom