Is it possible to litter train chickens?

I actually have heard of people litter training silkies that are house chickens. Seems like it would be impossible, though I guess it is doable. I unfortunately have no idea how one would go about it. Good luck and let us know here if you have any success! 😊

I was recently looking at my run, how gross it is, and realized it so, poopy. I got to wondering of you could litter train chickens to poop, in basically, a giant litter box. It would make things so much easier, if possible who do you do this? I would defenlty be interested in training them! Thanks Avery
I doubt it. but anything is possible. I mean they invented chicken diapers. LOL

Attachments

• 20201022_175352.jpg
    20201022_175352.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 4
I have seen cats and dogs use a human toilet. Chickens are very smart, so maybe. But its going to take years of experiments.
Ya, I wonder how thought, because its not like they have a preferred spot to poop, they just poop where ever, so you couldn't encourage them to poop somewhere by creating a good spot, how would you teach them that you wanted them to poop in a specific spot?

Our first Cornish Cross would drop one of those infamously huge CX piles just about anywhere. But then she’d stand there and fuss til somebody came and cleaned it. So maybe it’s a possibility to teach them to go in a specific spot?

Ya, I wonder how thought, because its not like they have a preferred spot to poop, they just poop where ever, so you couldn't encourage them to poop somewhere by creating a good spot, how would you teach them that you wanted them to poop in a specific spot?
Experiment, figure it out. LOL
You never know, you might turn out to be the famous person to achieve it. :idunno

Back
Top Bottom