Is it possible to sex 1 week old chicks? *ADDED PICS*

Blue Hill Farm

Songster
10 Years
Jun 6, 2009
Central Saskatchewan
I have 10 little chickies and I'm really curious to know who's gonna be crowing in the not-so-near future.
tongue.png

Nine are EE (I think) and one BR. I'll add pics if it's doable.
cool.png

Edited for pics: ok, here she (
fl.gif
) is:

33533_img_2841.jpg

33533_img_2834.jpg

33533_img_2839.jpg

And I had to include Speck, my fav of the bunch.
love.gif
I'm pretty sure he's a roo, because what attitude! lol

33533_img_2858.jpg

33533_img_2860.jpg

TIA!
smile.png

Last edited:
I'd almost go out on a limb and say that BR is a boy but really, it's way too soon for the EEs. Since they usually have the pea combs and no wattles you just can't see anything until they're older.

There are three things you can look for on BR chicks that can fairly accurately say if they are boys or girls, the dot on the head the legs and Shoot I dont remmber the other one , If I remmber correctly most girls have a small well defined white dot on there head and boys have off colored or what but larger and less defind , then I cant remmber the rest but ask someone like speckledhen and such . good luck

Ah shucks, it looks like I have a boy judging by the legs (not dark at all) and the fuzzy head spot. I only have the one BR and really needed him to be a her. Here's hoping things change!
wink.png

Anyhoo, thanks for the help.
smile.png

I had read somewhere that the dot on the head on a sex linked meant a boy? And I have been confused ever since! But those look like our girl Dominiques (which I am betting are really BR's)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom