Is it possible????

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickie_momma, Feb 27, 2009.

1. chickie_momma

chickie_momma Out Of The Brooder

Aug 20, 2008
    I have 5 hens who have started laying about 2 weeks ago... One of my hens is an easter egger and she is definately the hen in charge!!! She hasnt laid any eggs at all. Is that normal? I had heard once that if you dont have a rooster one of the hens will step up to the plate(which Mable has) but the hen that is in charge stops laying eggs...
    Anyone else here this????

2. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

I haven't heard that, but our EE was one of my later layers. It also turned out that she lays light brown eggs not the elusive blue egg. How many eggs are you getting a day?

Sonja

3. chickie_momma

chickie_momma Out Of The Brooder

Aug 20, 2008
    We are getting anywhere from 3-4 eggs a day right now...We have had a few light brown- almost a greyish brown eggs...I wonder if they are hers?

4. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Check her vent, if it's gotten really large then it could be her. Our girl had a large vent, but we hadn't gotten any blue eggs. Finally one of the kids saw her lay. Her eggs are either light brown or sometimes they come out almost tie dye looking.

I just brought home 2, 3 week old true ameraucana pullets that came from blue eggs. I can't wait til they start laying!! I'll finally get my blue eggs. Good luck!

Sonja

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by