Is it safe for chicken to be outside after putting fertilizer on grass and plants?

jomary2013

Songster
8 Years
Jun 12, 2015
My dad put fertilizer on the grass and some plants yesterday, I brought my chicken in after I saw that. He didn’t check the weather to see if it was going to rain and it said it won’t rain until Saturday. Is it safe for my chicken to go outside? All morning I’ve been watering the grass and the plants he put fertilizer in hoping it would dissolve some and the grass doesn’t look like it has much anymore and the plants have very few now. I’m just worried now because my chicken loves lookimg for worms/bugs in the grass and I feel like she’ll basically consume the chemical

What type of fertilizer is it? Does it saw anywhere on the packaging where it's a pesticide or dangerous to wild birds and/or pets?

What type of fertilizer is it? Does it saw anywhere on the packaging where it's a pesticide or dangerous to wild birds and/or pets?
The bag says Helena. I tried seeing if it said anything about animals but couldn’t find anything. But it did say how you should wear a mask and goggles when applying it on stuff.

Back
Top Bottom