Is it Spring yet?!

Tangeygirl

Songster
9 Years
Aug 27, 2010
Quiet Corner, Connecticut
Nearly 2 feet of snow here in the Quiet Corner! My girls won't even come out of the coop. Can't say I blame them!

66494_101_4578.jpg

This pic was taken before we got 5 more hours of snow and about another 6"!!!

I hear you. The snow has been bad here and now with the on coming negative temps I am starting to sweat.... The run that we had built was crushed by the snow so now all the birds are in bound. The water turning into a messy ICE pile is getting old as well. Is it really only January?

I wish it was spring here to. We just got over $400.00 of oil around the end of Dec. and we need more. I turn the heat down to 60 when no one is here but me. If I am working in the house I don't get TOO cold. I'm tired of the snow but I heard on the TV the other day that the only state that doesn't have snow is Fl. Can you believe that.
barnie.gif

Glad I'm not the only one wishing away Winter.

The only birds hanging out in the run are finches. I went out to the coop this morning to find 20-30 scurrying around inside picking up cracked corn and crumbles off the ground.

I am carrying out fresh water every morning and putting water in the coop at night before I close it up. Getting the ice out of the bowls is becoming a pain!

Ah, well. I suppose it could be worse. This is my first Winter with chickens and will be VERY happy when Spring comes...not only for the warmer weather but hoping to get a couple more girls since we lost one in December.

~Jaime

Quote:
Dh told me that on the phone last night. I am always telling him," You drive all over the US so find us a state where we can live that is without snow." I am thinking of southern AL by my uncle,but his city had a tornado a few years ago that tore up the high school. Not sure I want that threat.

I hate driving in the snow and live for the days we don't have to leave the house!

Back
Top Bottom