Is it Spring yet?!

Tangeygirl

Songster
9 Years
Aug 27, 2010
Quiet Corner, Connecticut
Nearly 2 feet of snow here in the Quiet Corner! My girls won't even come out of the coop. Can't say I blame them!

66494_101_4578.jpg

This pic was taken before we got 5 more hours of snow and about another 6"!!!

mommyofthreewithchicks

Songster
9 Years
Jun 25, 2010
Minnesota
I hear you. The snow has been bad here and now with the on coming negative temps I am starting to sweat.... The run that we had built was crushed by the snow so now all the birds are in bound. The water turning into a messy ICE pile is getting old as well. Is it really only January?

ginbart

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Bloomsburg, PA
I wish it was spring here to. We just got over $400.00 of oil around the end of Dec. and we need more. I turn the heat down to 60 when no one is here but me. If I am working in the house I don't get TOO cold. I'm tired of the snow but I heard on the TV the other day that the only state that doesn't have snow is Fl. Can you believe that.
barnie.gif

Tangeygirl

Songster
9 Years
Aug 27, 2010
Quiet Corner, Connecticut
Glad I'm not the only one wishing away Winter.

The only birds hanging out in the run are finches. I went out to the coop this morning to find 20-30 scurrying around inside picking up cracked corn and crumbles off the ground.

I am carrying out fresh water every morning and putting water in the coop at night before I close it up. Getting the ice out of the bowls is becoming a pain!

Ah, well. I suppose it could be worse. This is my first Winter with chickens and will be VERY happy when Spring comes...not only for the warmer weather but hoping to get a couple more girls since we lost one in December.

~Jaime

Mattemma

Crowing
10 Years
Aug 12, 2009
Quote:
Dh told me that on the phone last night. I am always telling him," You drive all over the US so find us a state where we can live that is without snow." I am thinking of southern AL by my uncle,but his city had a tornado a few years ago that tore up the high school. Not sure I want that threat.

I hate driving in the snow and live for the days we don't have to leave the house!

Top Bottom