Is it time to make floppy dumplings?

There is many things you can do:

a) K.C.E. (KILL-IT, Cook-IT, and Eat-IT

b) De-spur and or Capon it Call local Vet clinics. Not all places know how to do this.

-De-spur---remove spurs

-capon--Remove genitals

** assuming he is the only Male and doesn't have to fight for dominance in a pen with other roos.

** if you do not want him to crow/ no fertility and makes roo docile

c) Isolate and have your dughter w/ parental guidance work with bird to have him habituate to your entire family. You have to do this for about a month+ depending on the breed. (may or may not work once he is place back with hens.) I had this happen once and only once w/ my AGF roo. But It was only cause he attacked only me. Not recommended unless you have a trained adult that can do such a thing. AKA. Chickenwhisperer..

d) Give him a home where he can be a breeder if they need a standard roo, meanies are welcome that is. And or trade a roo for a roo that will love ya.

It is again completely up to you cause that is the decision you as a family must make. But safety and family first.

I hope this helps..

Last edited:
sorry.. i agree with dixie..
your daughter is more important,, not just physically,,she could be also scarred emotionally if she keeps getting flogged by a mean ol' roo.. i think kids and animals should be able to mix and mingle,, there ARE nice roosters out there,,if you cant find one... heck, come get my cochin,, he is awesome!!!

Dang. I really love Floppy. But my dd comes first. I had already told him that if he went after her again, he'd be dinner. I reckon it's time to follow through on my threat.

I hate it, too, because he really watches over & protects his "women". Oh well. Roosters are everywhere.
sad.png

Thank you all.

Quote:
I totally agree! I had one rooster that spurred my daughter. I womped him with a broom several times. After that he was a perfect gentleman! I had another rooster spur me I womped him with the broom only to have him spur me again! Needless to say..........he is no longer with us! LOL
19.gif

you can always make sure they stay seperate.. she is not allowed to go into the chicken pen anymore....
if you dont take care of him now, you will keep saying "next time" he attacks her.. "next time"... and then the next time he could really hurt her..

oh my gosh! i would never ever ever EVER kill a pet of mine and then eat it!! i would never be able to live with myself after that. i would say try to train the rooster and if that doesn't work, then find a new home for him where he will NOT be killed. don't kill him, thats horrible. i get that your kids come first, but you also have to think about your animals. if you really loved him, you would never consider killing him. find him a new NICE home if it comes down to it.

Back
Top Bottom