Is it true the first animal/person a chick hatcher sees, it follows?

Bobwhite-Falcon

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 14, 2012
USA
I'm new to the buisness and I've heard that it is the truth, is it?
wee.gif

Yeah, it is true. I have gotten a chicken really attached to me, because I made noises while it was hatching, first of all. I was making loud peeping noises, and immediately after it hatched I took it out (it was in the incubator by itself). It got really attached to me, and when I left it alone, it would make So much noise. I know that turkeys, geese, and ducks do also.

ducks and geese for sure,

chickens... I guess if you imprint on them, but the only thing my chickens LOVE me for is what they can eat.

Haha thanks, but I have bobwhite and I've seen videos showing them following their mother around
celebrate.gif

My Chickies are due today! Reeeeaaaallllly hope they hatch today!

Probably!!!! In the last few months ther was Show on PBS .This man got a clutch of wild turkey eggs incubated them and was with them as they hatched.He documented and filmed it from hatching tell 1 + years.They sure considered Him as MOM. If you get a chance see it !!!!....cva34

Probably!!!! In the last few months ther was Show on PBS .This man got a clutch of wild turkey eggs incubated them and was with them as they hatched.He documented and filmed it from hatching tell 1 + years.They sure considered Him as MOM. If you get a chance see it !!!!....cva34

Did a little research Google Joe Hutto the show name was "My Life as aTurkey" ..All bird lovers should SEE...cva34

I think that in any species where there is a maternal instinct, there is the possibility of imprinting. Geese will imprint very early, within a day of hatching. Chickens, not so sure.

Back
Top Bottom