1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is it true?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chick1043, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Has this worked for anyone? I was told if you pick a chick up with your thumb and index finger and if the legs hang down it's a cockerel and if they are near it belly is a pullet. Has anyone tried this before and worked?

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    You'll be right 50% of the time.

3. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

YA! [​IMG]

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] It's not nice to laugh at the newbie!!! But yeah you would be right 50% of the time. I really hate rumors.

5. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    Quote:Like tickilling someone on their side. Rumors say only girls will laugh. But guys will laugh too.

6. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

I'm not/never laughing at the newbie! I'm laughing how she said "you'll be right 50% of the time" because thats true!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

7. oliviad51

oliviad51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    North Carolina
    She asked if it worked, and I think all the she wanted was a yes or no. Stop being know it alls and being so quick to jump people here.

Btw, I don't think that's the case in telling if it's a roo or a hen but it is a good question.

8. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    No, I have not heard of it or tried it. I like to know if it works though for you or anyone else, seriously. [​IMG]

Good luck!

9. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    50% of the time, it works EVERY time! [​IMG]

10. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    I sure hope it doesn't work!! -__- lol That means I will have 4 roos and 1 pullet!! Noooo!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by