Is it wrong to blow dry a wet hen?

Gonzo

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Southwestern, In
the other night I brought my Australorp Mable in the house and put her in a chair in the kitchen and blow her dry with the blow dryer... which she seemed to enjoy. It was cold outside and she was soppin' wet! My mother laughed at me when I told her what I did... Did I do the right thing? I thought a wet cold hen would'nt be able to get her Temp. back to where it should be..

Hmmm, first a blow-dry... what's next? Massage and pedicure?

big_smile.png

My son was feeding her bread while I was drying her, I'd say mable would want a buffet with her beauty parlor... (my kids call Mable fatty... I heard my 8 yr old argue that she's not fat, she's big boned! )
lau.gif

I have a silkie hen that I have actually bathed several times, she was sick and confined for awhile, and she sometimes just get really dirty with all that fluff. She LOVES the blowdryer, if she'll sit there ther's nothing wrong with that. Mine sits for a full 45 min to get completely dried.

It's what any nice chickiemom would do

I have a white silkie who likes to get dirty and I can't stand the sight of her that way. So I bathe her in the sink and blow her dry with the dryer. She loves it, and will lay down on the towel and flap her wings out so I can get all her bits dry. Hilarious. She really seems to like it!

Our girls LOVE the blow dryer!!! Just the other day, I was soaking one of our girls feet in some warm water (bumblefoot) and dang if she didn't lay down in the water. I swear she did it just so I'd blow dry her. I'll dry them if it's been a cold, rainy day too. They stand perfectly still and enjoy it!

Back
Top Bottom