Is Jazz a roo or a hen?

Trickylee

Chirping
5 Years
Nov 12, 2018
Hi Everyone,

After some assistance in identifying if one of our new chookers (Jazz) is a hen or a rooster. Has some of the physical attributes of a rooster, but definitely not the behavior of one. Meant to be about 6 months old and no signs of crowing, just standard chicken banter.

We couldn't get a great photo due to light, but Jazz is a golden lace, but mixed as the 'trim' around the gold is the green-black, not the black-black.

Hopefully the pic will be good enough for gender ID and I genuinely appreciate any help, TIA.

Jazz.png

Hi Everyone,

After some assistance in identifying if one of our new chookers (Jazz) is a hen or a rooster. Has some of the physical attributes of a rooster, but definitely not the behavior of one. Meant to be about 6 months old and no signs of crowing, just standard chicken banter.

We couldn't get a great photo due to light, but Jazz is a golden lace, but mixed as the 'trim' around the gold is the green-black, not the black-black.

Hopefully the pic will be good enough for gender ID and I genuinely appreciate any help, TIA.

View attachment 3723975
That's a pullet!

Looks like a pullet! Where did you get her? She looks like a purebred Barnevelder.
Oh thankyou, I was so hoping to get that answer! I am in the Fraser Coast area in Central Queensland Australia and we re-homed her from a local lady who wanted to focus on just having a flock of silkies. She is actually really golden in colour in the light with the green-black lace edging under the gold (sorry bad at chicken descriptions lol). Very pretty, but we were told she was a rooster, but her behavior told me otherwise. Very much appreciate your help, thankyou.

Oh thankyou, I was so hoping to get that answer! I am in the Fraser Coast area in Central Queensland Australia and we re-homed her from a local lady who wanted to focus on just having a flock of silkies. She is actually really golden in colour in the light with the green-black lace edging under the gold (sorry bad at chicken descriptions lol). Very pretty, but we were told she was a rooster, but her behavior told me otherwise. Very much appreciate your help, thankyou.
Of course, and you're welcome! I have a Barnevelder hen as well, and she's very sweet.

Back
Top Bottom