Is liquid bandage safe?

Well, hopefully someone who has had experience with wet pox will come on here and give you some advice. So sorry. That looks terrible. :hit:hugs

No experience with pox and poultry. I don’t think it sounds like a good idea...

but liquid bandage for wounds is fantastic as it super glue. I’ve used it on many cuts for myself and guineas cut on chicken wire. Even to close and amputated leg. Remember for a large or deep wound you must leave a small gap to permit the wound to weep or discharge.
It has been used by corpsman and medics for over 45 years. My right leg was essentially glued together until I made it to a hospital 24 hrs later on a rural whitewater trip. The doctor added a few sutures and staples afterwards.

If she has no other symptoms, is eating/drinking fine then I would just monitor the scab. It's hard to tell if that's Fowl Pox or just a wound from picking, mating or rubbing against something.
Fowl Pox lesions don't need to be disturbed too much,
if you absolutely feel you have to put something on the comb, use Iodine.

If she has no other symptoms, is eating/drinking fine then I would just monitor the scab. It's hard to tell if that's Fowl Pox or just a wound from picking, mating or rubbing against something.
Fowl Pox lesions don't need to be disturbed too much,
if you absolutely feel you have to put something on the comb, use Iodine.
Yes I'll keep an eye out. The only symptom I have noticed is at night when she's sleeping her body floats in the air and starts spinning around :)

She seems healthy at the moment. I looked close at scab and it appears it was a cut I'm just not sure

Back
Top Bottom