Is liquid bandage safe?

Sobek

Songster
Aug 12, 2018
orlando florida
I think my baby is getting Fowl Pox and I'm armed to do whatever I can to help her. I wanted to patch up the little scab I saw (It could be something else) But the bandages and bandage tape kept coming off so I was thinking about using a liquid form of it on the tip of her comb

ValerieJ

Straw parade on snow day
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jul 24, 2016
Washington State
Can you post a picture? If it is Fowl Pox, you don't really want to put anything on it. It will dry up on its own. At least it worked that way when my rooster got it. Took a few weeks and he was back to his beautiful self.

Sobek

Songster
Aug 12, 2018
orlando florida
Can you post a picture? If it is Fowl Pox, you don't really want to put anything on it. It will dry up on its own. At least it worked that way when my rooster got it. Took a few weeks and he was back to his beautiful self.
Fowl Pox killed once of my girls before. I don't want to play around with a disease like that. It may not be fowl pox. I'm hoping it's not.... I just let her back outside I'll capture her in a little bit and post the picture

ValerieJ

Straw parade on snow day
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jul 24, 2016
Washington State
Fowl Pox killed once of my girls before. I don't want to play around with a disease like that. It may not be fowl pox. I'm hoping it's not.... I just let her back outside I'll capture her in a little bit and post the picture
That can happen I think when it gets into the respiratory and the mouth. I think that's called wet pox as opposed to dry. Your description sounded like a dry fowl pox, but without a photo there is no way to know. Does she have any sores in her mouth?

Sobek

Songster
Aug 12, 2018
orlando florida
It may be too early to tell. It could just be a cut but I want to stay on my toes just in case. No sores in mouth

IMG_20190827_143151224.jpg

ValerieJ

Straw parade on snow day
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jul 24, 2016
Washington State
It looks like a dry fowl pox to me. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in. I just had the one case. It didn't spread through my chickens and it resolved itself. It started small like that and spread through the comb. He looked bad for a little while, but believe it or not it goes away. This is sort of like when we get a chicken pox. Most of the time we just go through the disease and it's over in a couple weeks. Then we're immune. I think it's the same for chickens. But, I don't know what you do to save a bird when it gets into the respiratory. I would be watching for that, and learning ahead of time what you can do.

Sobek

Songster
Aug 12, 2018
orlando florida
It looks like a dry fowl pox to me. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in. I just had the one case. It didn't spread through my chickens and it resolved itself. It started small like that and spread through the comb. He looked bad for a little while, but believe it or not it goes away. This is sort of like when we get a chicken pox. Most of the time we just go through the disease and it's over in a couple weeks. Then we're immune. I think it's the same for chickens. But, I don't know what you do to save a bird when it gets into the respiratory. I would be watching for that, and learning ahead of time what you can do.
That's the problem.. you can only do so much. But I have an arsenal of stuff including oxygen I can give her if she gets worse. I'm doing treatments and immune system boosts right now as much as I can. I've dealt with it once and it can be a very nasty illness.... One of my girls was coughing up blood and it was bad

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom