Is liquid bandage safe?

Sobek

Songster
Aug 12, 2018
orlando florida
I think my baby is getting Fowl Pox and I'm armed to do whatever I can to help her. I wanted to patch up the little scab I saw (It could be something else) But the bandages and bandage tape kept coming off so I was thinking about using a liquid form of it on the tip of her comb

Can you post a picture? If it is Fowl Pox, you don't really want to put anything on it. It will dry up on its own. At least it worked that way when my rooster got it. Took a few weeks and he was back to his beautiful self.

Can you post a picture? If it is Fowl Pox, you don't really want to put anything on it. It will dry up on its own. At least it worked that way when my rooster got it. Took a few weeks and he was back to his beautiful self.
Fowl Pox killed once of my girls before. I don't want to play around with a disease like that. It may not be fowl pox. I'm hoping it's not.... I just let her back outside I'll capture her in a little bit and post the picture

Fowl Pox killed once of my girls before. I don't want to play around with a disease like that. It may not be fowl pox. I'm hoping it's not.... I just let her back outside I'll capture her in a little bit and post the picture
That can happen I think when it gets into the respiratory and the mouth. I think that's called wet pox as opposed to dry. Your description sounded like a dry fowl pox, but without a photo there is no way to know. Does she have any sores in her mouth?

It may be too early to tell. It could just be a cut but I want to stay on my toes just in case. No sores in mouth

IMG_20190827_143151224.jpg

It looks like a dry fowl pox to me. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in. I just had the one case. It didn't spread through my chickens and it resolved itself. It started small like that and spread through the comb. He looked bad for a little while, but believe it or not it goes away. This is sort of like when we get a chicken pox. Most of the time we just go through the disease and it's over in a couple weeks. Then we're immune. I think it's the same for chickens. But, I don't know what you do to save a bird when it gets into the respiratory. I would be watching for that, and learning ahead of time what you can do.

It looks like a dry fowl pox to me. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in. I just had the one case. It didn't spread through my chickens and it resolved itself. It started small like that and spread through the comb. He looked bad for a little while, but believe it or not it goes away. This is sort of like when we get a chicken pox. Most of the time we just go through the disease and it's over in a couple weeks. Then we're immune. I think it's the same for chickens. But, I don't know what you do to save a bird when it gets into the respiratory. I would be watching for that, and learning ahead of time what you can do.
That's the problem.. you can only do so much. But I have an arsenal of stuff including oxygen I can give her if she gets worse. I'm doing treatments and immune system boosts right now as much as I can. I've dealt with it once and it can be a very nasty illness.... One of my girls was coughing up blood and it was bad

Back
Top Bottom