Is my 5 week old BLRW a roo?

new chick 203

Crowing
13 Years
Feb 8, 2010
Ridgefield CT
I fear one of my 2 BLRW is a roo. The one on the left is larger and has big attitude.
wink.png
Also more comb and huge yellow feet.
48643_p1050915.jpg
48643_p1050903.jpg

Check out those tree trunk legs! WOW!
ep.gif
I'd say roo, but post pics in a couple weeks and see what his comb looks like.

Yep, looks like a roo with the red wattles and comb compared to the yellow comb and lack of wattles on the pullet. Sorry
hugs.gif
Very pretty birds!
smile.png
Who did you get them from? They look just like my three week old BLRW chicks I hatched from shipped eggs from a BYC member.
Here is a picture of one of my BLRW rooster chicks at 6 wks for comparison on the left, pullet on the right.
54909_p1010704.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks, that's what I thought. I got them from baregretchen at the North East Chicken stock this spring. They're such sweeties, I hope he stays that way so I can keep him!

lol.png

Quote:
Thanks, that's what I thought. I got them from baregretchen at the North East Chicken stock this spring. They're such sweeties, I hope he stays that way so I can keep him!

He has a very sweet expression, which is a good sign that he will be a gentle rooster. The picture I posted of my rooster chick (he is now 14 wks) is the one I'm keeping because he just wants to be petted and comes and lays beside me when I'm cleaning the pen. He would be up in my lap if he could
lol.png
These are my first BLRW's and I just love how calm, friendly and gentle they are!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom