Is my ameraucana a rooster??

looks leghorn cross more than anything but could have ameracauna in him
:welcome from Mossyrock, Washington State
before you count it out has it layed and egg or squatted for you?

A mix of an Ameraucana, usually the Ameraucana genetics are more powerful than the other crossed chickens in order to make an Easter Egger, that could be an Ameraucana and a Leghorn possibly.
No. The white skin of the Ameraucana is dominant. The vast majority of Easter Eggers do not have any Ameraucana in their ancestry at all. Most hatcheries breed from stock that predates the creation of the Ameraucana breed.

No. The white skin of the Ameraucana is dominant. The vast majority of Easter Eggers do not have any Ameraucana in their ancestry at all. Most hatcheries breed from stock that predates the creation of the Ameraucana breed.
...so what does that make my chicken...?

...so what does that make my chicken...?
Easter Egger. Farm stores source their chicks from hatcheries. Most hatcheries misrepresent their Easter Eggers as Ameraucana. No hatchery, to my knowledge, has White Ameraucana. The easiest way to tell if you are getting true Ameraucana or misrepresented Easter Eggers is coloring. Ameraucana always have a color/variety specified.

Easter Egger. Farm stores source their chicks from hatcheries. Most hatcheries misrepresent their Easter Eggers as Ameraucana. No hatchery, to my knowledge, has White Ameraucana. The easiest way to tell if you are getting true Ameraucana or misrepresented Easter Eggers is coloring. Ameraucana always have a color/variety specified.
Ok, that makes sense. Thanks everyone for helping me figure this out!

Back
Top Bottom