1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is my auto egg turner broken?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by GeoKan, May 6, 2011.

1. GeoKan

GeoKan Cackleberry Curator

Mar 9, 2011
    Troy, Kansas
    Forgive a stupid question, but I haven't seen one in action. I don't know if the egg turner I bought off eBay is good or bad.

Is it suppose to turn when you plug it in, or turn ever hour, two hours?

I have a feeling I was duped into a defective item and it took more than 3 weeks to get here! [​IMG]

The seller didn't state that it was defective, so I assumed it was working. [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

It should turn SLOWLY, and if it is not, you were suckered. Sorry, I am honest.

3. GeoKan

Mar 9, 2011
    Troy, Kansas
    Aahhhhh!

And I was going to pick up my eggs Saturday! Man, what great luck I have.

Thanks for the honesty. Now, I have to figure out a manual solution. [​IMG]

4. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    It should make one complete turn every four hours. So in four hours, it should be in the opposite direction.

5. GeoKan

Mar 9, 2011
    Troy, Kansas
    Quote:Thanks CC. Looks like I'll be able to tell in two hours weather this works or not. It's an older model, so maybe I'm a bit inpatient here. [​IMG]

It's a Little Giant model 6200 with removable egg holders that snap into metal trays.

6. fowler_chick

fowler_chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    South Western Kansas
    yes it will turn every 4 hours....should make a little humming noise if your close enough....ok i've got to ask where is troy?? i'm from s.w.ks

7. GeoKan

Mar 9, 2011
    Troy, Kansas
    Quote:Wow. I'm flush with embarrassment. [​IMG]

It's working. My gosh, it really moves slower than a snail in winter. It's humming right along.

Stupid is the color I feel right now. I guess I should email back the seller and apologized for my ignorance. [​IMG]

Troy is located in the center of Doniphan County in the Northeast corner of Kansas. About 23 miles west of St. Joseph, Mo. You'll be sure to find a least one ignorant greenhorn hatching enthusiast living there. [​IMG]

8. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    Quote:Wow. I'm flush with embarrassment. [​IMG]

It's working. My gosh, it really moves slower than a snail in winter. It's humming right along.

Stupid is the color I feel right now. I guess I should email back the seller and apologized for my ignorance. [​IMG]

Troy is located in the center of Doniphan County in the Northeast corner of Kansas. About 23 miles west of St. Joseph, Mo. You'll be sure to find a least one ignorant greenhorn hatching enthusiast living there. [​IMG]

[​IMG] it happens to all of us if we are lucky ( and honest) only once or twice [​IMG]

9. acw123

acw123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2011
    Charlottesville
    I too once was convinced that my egg turner wasn't turning because every time I looked at it the eggs were always in the same position. I was convinced that it was stuck in that position and that all me eggs were no good. Of course when I made and effort to continue checking at hourly intervals I did see it was working fine and felt pretty foolish. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by