Is my baby goat too thin?

Thank you so much! Ill weigh him again in a week or less and see how he is doing! I really appreciate all the advice
Yea, I’m glad to help! When I started out raising goat kids it was super simple until something happened like one stopped gaining or started losing. So I want to try and help as much as I can to save people some worry!

Yea, I’m glad to help! When I started out raising goat kids it was super simple until something happened like one stopped gaining or started losing. So I want to try and help as much as I can to save people some worry!
I am totally a worrier over them! Being new to them, i am just watching for cues to anything possibly be wrong. I want to catch it early ya know.

I am totally a worrier over them! Being new to them, i am just watching for cues to anything possibly be wrong. I want to catch it early ya know.
Yep, it makes helping them get better so much easier and quicker when you spot a problem early! That’s why handling them and cleaning their pen, topping off water and such daily is so important.

If you think he wasn't weaned, try offering him a bottle. He probably won't take it but it wouldn't hurt to try. You can also put powdered milk in his grain.

Be sure to vaccinated your kids with CD/T. That is for enterotoxemia and tetanus. You give two shots about three weeks apart and then a booster each year.

Yay he is finally eating more. He has his little puggy belly at night, so he is finally grazing with the girls.

One more quick question, do they need a salt block, or does the loose mineral cover their salt needs? I cant seem to find a solid answer in google.

If you think he wasn't weaned, try offering him a bottle. He probably won't take it but it wouldn't hurt to try. You can also put powdered milk in his grain.
Have you used powdered formula in grain? How much? No issues with constipation?
Just brought home a 10 week old ND that was only just pulled from his dam the same day. He is eating hay/grain but I'm concerned about the abrupt transition combined with the stress of a new home. I tried offering a bottle with formula but he won't take it.

Have you used powdered formula in grain? How much? No issues with constipation?
Just brought home a 10 week old ND that was only just pulled from his dam the same day. He is eating hay/grain but I'm concerned about the abrupt transition combined with the stress of a new home. I tried offering a bottle with formula but he won't take it.
Formula? What kind of formula? If he has been nursing on his mother all this time he is not going to take a bottle no matter what is in it. At ten weeks he is old enough to be weaned anyway. I weaned my kid at eight weeks. If you have replacer you can mix a little in his grain if you want.

Back
Top Bottom