Is my Brahma a roo after all?

BakersBluffFarm

Yooper in the coop
Apr 13, 2022
Michigan
I purchased a selection of chickens from tractor supply back in May, one of which was supposed to be a Brahma pullet. I didn't think much of it's feathers and comb and assumed it was a hen, but today I found it mounting another hen. I've never seen it do this before, its never crowed, isn't at all aggressive, and gets along with my other roo. But looking at pictures of Brahma roos i guess my Marble must be a boy?

Whelp, i was wishing that wasn't the case but i think i was being overly hopeful. Thanks for confirming it!
Now comes the task of choosing which of my roos to keep. I think as much as i want Brahma crosses in my incubator i might have to keep the Rhode Island red, as he takes very good care of his girls. The red always calls out predators flying around, and isn't overly aggressive.

Whelp, i was wishing that wasn't the case but i think i was being overly hopeful. Thanks for confirming it!
Now comes the task of choosing which of my roos to keep. I think as much as i want Brahma crosses in my incubator i might have to keep the Rhode Island red, as he takes very good care of his girls. The red always calls out predators flying around, and isn't overly aggressive.
Good choice.

Back
Top Bottom