Is my chicken a rooster?

I am pretty sure it's a hen ready to lay. The crest is tiny compare to my delaware roo and the tail doesn't have any spot (black feathers at the tip). I will take a picture of my delaware roo tomorrow to show you the difference.

I am pretty sure it's a hen ready to lay. The crest is tiny compare to my delaware roo and the tail doesn't have any spot (black feathers at the tip). I will take a picture of my delaware roo tomorrow to show you the difference.
this breed doesn't have a crest. it's not a pullet at point of lay its 2.5 months old making it around 10 weeks of age and at that age the comb and wattles are way to red to be a pullet

Oops didn't pay attention it was only 2 months
roll.png

I'd love to see pictures of your Delaware rooster! Yes, Teeter is only about 10 weeks. About the spots on the tail, I think they are slowly coming in because I have "spotted" a few. Plus the center tail feather seems to be getting longer like roosters.

That one has pullet coloring. Even a five or six week old Dellie male has a MUCH larger comb that this one. Even the tail says pullet. Delawares mature earlier than other breeds.

Back
Top Bottom