Is My Chicken Dying?

Hard to tell anything about the vent.
Photos of her swollen eye?

I would make sure she's eating well and drinking. Provide her with a source of grit.
If you can get your vet to run a fecal float on a sample of her poop, that would be good. Have them look for worms and/or Coccidiosis.

Attachments

• 20220206_091732.jpg
    20220206_091732.jpg
    350.9 KB · Views: 4
She's clumsy, and she's not eating. Her crop seems full. I've given her some water in a syringe. I've offered her scrambled eggs and she's not interested. Her wattles and combs are still red oh, and she hasn't lost any weight. We have an appointment on Thursday, it was a soonest one we could get out of all the vets in town that see chickens. I just hope she hangs on.

Her crop is still full. My husband and I were just discussing this oh, and we both think that's maybe this has been the problem all along
A crop problem wouldn't cause the eye infection, but it can make them unwell.
I would begin treating her to see if that helps. If you are going to the vet, take some poop samples and have them check for worms and coccidiosis. Often crop problems are a symptom of an underlying condition - some common things are infection, worms, coccidiosis and reproductive disorders.

Watch her behavior, video link above. She did poop a little, dark bright green and white, semi soft.
I've been giving her water with electrolytes and ACV in a dropper. I gave her some olive oil in a dropper with a pinch of Epsom Salts. I have also been massaging her crop.

20220209_084233.jpg

Back
Top Bottom