Is my chicken egg bound?? How to help?

Ashmalc

Hatching
May 21, 2020
Hi everyone I have a 1 year old silver laced Wyandotte and today suddenly she is acting strange, she took ages to leave the coop this morning but didn’t think anything of it then this afternoon went to give them some fruit and veggies and she was just sitting on the ground which isn’t like her, when she got up she looked like she was limping so checked her feet and legs and no sign of any injuries or causing her pain while looking, as soon as she’s on the ground again she slumps before gaining balance and is easy to catch and hold which again is unusual. The feathers below her vent are slightly poopy and when she done a poo in front of me it was basically just fluid that came out. Her comb isn’t pale and she is eating little bits of fruit etc but something not quite right, I had a feel externally for an egg but couldn’t feel anything although her breastbone feels a bit prominent and she’s usually a big meaty bird, her crop is also fine so not sure what else it could be as she hasn’t lid an egg in a few days but this isn’t uncommon but there’s definitely something off! Any ideas? I’m just about to give her an Epsom bath and keep her in for the night to see if it helps!

Hi everyone I have a 1 year old silver laced Wyandotte and today suddenly she is acting strange, she took ages to leave the coop this morning but didn’t think anything of it then this afternoon went to give them some fruit and veggies and she was just sitting on the ground which isn’t like her, when she got up she looked like she was limping so checked her feet and legs and no sign of any injuries or causing her pain while looking, as soon as she’s on the ground again she slumps before gaining balance and is easy to catch and hold which again is unusual. The feathers below her vent are slightly poopy and when she done a poo in front of me it was basically just fluid that came out. Her comb isn’t pale and she is eating little bits of fruit etc but something not quite right, I had a feel externally for an egg but couldn’t feel anything although her breastbone feels a bit prominent and she’s usually a big meaty bird, her crop is also fine so not sure what else it could be as she hasn’t lid an egg in a few days but this isn’t uncommon but there’s definitely something off! Any ideas? I’m just about to give her an Epsom bath and keep her in for the night to see if it helps!
Is she panting or finding it hard to breath?

Back
Top Bottom