1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

IS MY CHICKEN NORMAL? EVERYONE SHARE THEIR MOST CUTEST CHICKEN BEHAVIOR!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by cls82, Oct 13, 2013.

1. cls82

cls82 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2013
    I wanted to start this thread because my little sweetheart Killer has some odd and unique habits....or so I think and am curious if anyone else's chicken does the same? She is incredibly friendly with me....and in all seriousness, she is the only one who gives a crap about me out of the 6 I have. Whenever she sees me, no matter where in the yard she is (we free range them) she runs and flies over to me as fast as her little wings and legs can carry her, and squeals to be held. I do not mean a few squeeks, she literally cries until I pick her up! Once she's in my arms, she shoves her head into my hair, gets all tangled up in it so that its basically strangling her, and then she passes out and takes a nap. She does this every single day, multiple times a day (I go out to see her on average 4 times a day). I really don't know why she tangles her head and neck up in my hair. I know she likes it because it's a constant thing for her. She also loves to jump on my back when I bend down and wipe her face on my clothes and peck at the back of my head. I also like to think that I have trained her to jump on my lap by patting my legs repeatedly and saying "Jump Killer!" which she does. ha

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] She just wants her mama - if she were with her chicken mama she would be burrowed under her feathers/wings and feel safe and comfy. You don't have feathers, so she tries to get under your hair. But it does mean she likes you and you are her security and comfort.

This is a new members - greeting thread. Your stories and any pictures would go best at the Raising Backyard Chickens forum - Pictures & stories of my chickens - sub forum tab.

1 person likes this.
  3. cls82

cls82 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2013
    :) Maybe so! When I got her, she still had her umbilical cord attached so she was incredibly young, and we just took a liking to each other from day one. I have only posted 2x so far, so thanks for that info. I might have to start another thread there? If so, am I able to delete this one?

4. 3chickchicks

3chickchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2013
    N. Texas
    What a sweet girl!

Mine are all like "Don't touch me. Do you have treats? If not, buzz off." lol!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by