Is My chicken okay?

JuliaOlivia

In the Brooder
Jun 12, 2017
I have one chicken(I think it is a buff orphington that got mixed up with our chickens) that does not look great. Last month sometime Goldie(the chicken) got locked outside one night. It was wet and cold, but it went inside and ate some feed and drank some water. Goldie was fine, until now. Her comb is strangely greyish red and it is droopy. There are about 5 bars of our roost open(all about 5 ft long) and Goldie sleeps on the floor. Besides her combs and not be active she seems fine. She goes outside but just sits 12 ft away from the door. She used to run/fly a long way away from the coop. Is there something wrong with Goldie?

Yes, there IS something wrong with your hen - you say she doesn't look great, her comb is red and droopy , she sleeps on the floor, and just sits a short distance from the door. These are symptoms of NOT being well. Please post in full detail with photo if possible (to show how she looks) at "Emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures," thread

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

Sorry to hear your hen is not feeling well. Definitely post in our Emergency section, many times by the time you notice they are sick, it is too late to do anything.

Good luck with your hen and welcome to our roost! :)

Back
Top Bottom