Is my duck dancing or ill?

Sep 26, 2019
Western Pennsylvania
I have a Pekin duck at 3 months old and she’s gorgeous,
But she looks like she’s doing that disco dance from the 70s... the one where you point your finger down at your left foot, then back up in the air... yeah she’s doing that a lot (only using her beak instead of a finger). We checked her feet. They seem normal and she doesn’t yell in pain to the touch. Last night we soaked her feet in epson salt, sprayed anti-bacterial stuff on them and topped it off with “blue goo.” Got up this morning and she’s still doing it. Is it because of her feet or neck or what?

I have a Pekin duck at 3 months old and she’s gorgeous,
But she looks like she’s doing that disco dance from the 70s... the one where you point your finger down at your left foot, then back up in the air... yeah she’s doing that a lot (only using her beak instead of a finger). We checked her feet. They seem normal and she doesn’t yell in pain to the touch. Last night we soaked her feet in epson salt, sprayed anti-bacterial stuff on them and topped it off with “blue goo.” Got up this morning and she’s still doing it. Is it because of her feet or neck or what?
Can you take a video of her? Upload it to youtube and provide a link.

You checked her feet and they seemed normal...so can I ask why you applied ointment and blue goo? Just a soothing measure?
Is she stretching her neck out, does she have control of it?

Please give more information - what you feed, photos of poop, etc. The video of her actions would be helpful. Hopefully someone that deals more with ducks will be along by the time you post again. @Miss Lydia @casportpony

Can you take a video of her? Upload it to youtube and provide a link.

You checked her feet and they seemed normal...so can I ask why you applied ointment and blue goo? Just a soothing measure?
Is she stretching her neck out, does she have control of it?

Please give more information - what you feed, photos of poop, etc. The video of her actions would be helpful. Hopefully someone that deals more with ducks will be along by the time you post again. @Miss Lydia @casportpony
I'm at work, so I'll have to get you the video and pictures later, and yes I applied those things just to be safe than sorry. She is reaching her neck backward in a rhythmic bobbing towards her foot. Like I said, picture dancing to the song "staying alive". I feed them organic all flock food with brewers yeast and coop kelp. For snacks they get romaine lettuce mostly. I haven't noticed any strange poop and I clean it everyday, but I also wasn't looking for strange poop so I'll have to do so when I get home.

Back
Top Bottom