Is my duck egg alive?

Looks like he could have used a little more time, that's why I was hoping we would wait until today..
sorry. Also, when do you think the other eggs will hatch? I included pics of them. When the duck drys off, do I put it in the brooder. And if their is a lot of humidity in the incubator, will the duck ever dry off

sorry. Also, when do you think the other eggs will hatch? I included pics of them. When the duck drys off, do I put it in the brooder. And if their is a lot of humidity in the incubator, will the duck ever dry off

It's OK, we can fix it. My first concern is getting him to dry off, you see with the high humidity it may keep that cord wet so that it doesn't dry off and fall off. But I can see the little guy is already starting to fluff up a bit so I would just HANG TIGHT.. I would not put any more water in the bator, if you can take some out without Opening it, that would be great but if you have to open it to do so, then leave it. He's going to need more time to really fluff up so will give him all the time he wants.

It's OK, we can fix it.  My first concern is getting him to dry off, you see with the high humidity it may keep that cord wet so that it doesn't dry off and fall off.  But I can see the little guy is already starting to fluff up a bit so I would just HANG TIGHT..   I would not put any more water in the bator, if you can take some out without Opening it, that would be great but if you have to open it to do so, then leave it.  He's going to need more time to really fluff up so will give him all the time he wants.
he got free of the cord

he got free of the cord
It's OK, we can fix it.  My first concern is getting him to dry off, you see with the high humidity it may keep that cord wet so that it doesn't dry off and fall off.  But I can see the little guy is already starting to fluff up a bit so I would just HANG TIGHT..   I would not put any more water in the bator, if you can take some out without Opening it, that would be great but if you have to open it to do so, then leave it.  He's going to need more time to really fluff up so will give him all the time he wants.
also, one of the other eggs that pipped made a hole and I can see his beak. But he is not doing anything anymore. Just breathing and opening his mouth. Will it hatch today

When did he make his hole?
he made his hole at 3 yesterday. I hear him tapping on the egg. This is his hole

Back
Top Bottom