Is my duck messing with my head?

They have a ping pong ball as a toy. She has moved it into her little nest. She is doing it to mess with me, 100%
20200408_200705.jpg

My little girlie duck laid one random egg in December. She's acting fine. Eating, snacking, pooping, foraging, drinking, swimming, mating, working on her nest with a ping pong ball in it that she puts back if I move it. She even has developed a little pooch that makes me think she's pregnant. She's not showing any signs of discomfort. Should I just chill? She and her little man are both about 10 months old.

I have no idea but if she’s acting normal I wouldn’t worry unless you really want duck eggs? Then you may have to get another female that’s into laying eggs. Like some ornamental chickens that really aren’t layers maybe she’s in that category? Although according to this they do lay eggs. https://www.breedslist.com/australian-spotted-duck.htm

Maybe she needs a through examine by a vet?
Long time no see @Miss Lydia !!!
I've thought about it, but I'd hate to take her to the vet unless she starts acting like she doesn't feel well. She's peppy, curious, playful, and happy, and I'd hate to traumatize her. She did lay the one random egg back in December. Maybe she's just not ready to be a mommy. I can respect that. Lol.

Attachments

• 20200614_160639.jpg
    20200614_160639.jpg
    557.7 KB · Views: 4
I'm thinking it's just because they're so young. They're pretty new at this, after all. And they're acting peppy and happy. He seems more interested in the calcium than she does, but I keep trying to put it where she will be sure to notice it.

Long time no see @Miss Lydia !!!
I've thought about it, but I'd hate to take her to the vet unless she starts acting like she doesn't feel well. She's peppy, curious, playful, and happy, and I'd hate to traumatize her. She did lay the one random egg back in December. Maybe she's just not ready to be a mommy. I can respect that. Lol.
Well she's a looker - no surprise she is getting some ! :D

Back
Top Bottom