Is my duck messing with my head?

Pics
Put some oyster shell out it will be needed to keep the egg shell strong and keep your little one from having to use the calcium from her bones to make egg shells. Place to in a bowl close to their feed she’ll use it when she needs it.
Got the oyster shell from Tractor Supply! I'm going to wait and see if she lays any more and decides to sit on them. I'd really love to raise chicks. I know I mentioned I looooooooove this little breed and can't believe they're critically endangered. Who wants babies? :love

Last edited:
She will Lay a clutch before she starts to sit. Might be 4 might be more. But when she starts sitting on the nest all the time and only gets up to eat bath and poop you’ll know she’s broody. How long has mating been going on? Usually not a good idea to try an hatch first couple eggs they lay because of fertility.

She will Lay a clutch before she starts to sit. Might be 4 might be more. But when she starts sitting on the nest all the time and only gets up to eat bath and poop you’ll know she’s broody. How long has mating been going on? Usually not a good idea to try an hatch first couple eggs they lay because of fertility.
I'm with ya. I figured the first one, if not few, would be more of a practice situation than anything. Plus, they're still new at this- who knows if Downey has figured out to...erm.... hit the target, so to speak. They've been mating for a couple of months, actually. Or at least working at it. I try not to watch. It feels rude. :lau

Back
Top Bottom