Is my duckling's leg healthy?

Little Cute Lily

In the Brooder
Mar 30, 2021
Hello! It's my first time raising ducklings. The one I have is a khaki campbell. I'm not sure if this "molting" is normal as they grow or if the flaky skin is from not enough nutrients. Alfalfa the duckling is 1 week and 3 days old. He/she currently eats 20% protein chick starter and today he had some peas.

Attachments

• PXL_20210420_194931027.jpg
    PXL_20210420_194931027.jpg
    647.6 KB · Views: 23
i’m not sure what that is, but please switch her to a duckling (not chick) starter. and get her a friend as soon as possible 🥰
Oh the chick starter is for ducklings too. It's more of a poultry starter. It's non medicated and what they recommended me at Tractor Supply. And my baby Alfalfa hatched with 3 siblings but I will be moving states in a week (28 hour car ride!) The other 3 ducklings got adopted, Alfalfa imprinted on me while the others did not. We plan to get Alfalfa a friend once we settle in our new home. Luckily he loves his bear plushie and is content as long as my husband or I are in the room.

Attachments

• 1496731.jpeg
    1496731.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20210420-161326.png
    Screenshot_20210420-161326.png
    697 KB · Views: 15
Oh the chick starter is for ducklings too. It's more of a poultry starter. It's non medicated and what they recommended me at Tractor Supply. And my baby Alfalfa hatched with 3 siblings but I will be moving states in a week (28 hour car ride!) The other 3 ducklings got adopted, Alfalfa imprinted on me while the others did not. We plan to get Alfalfa a friend once we settle in our new home. Luckily he loves his bear plushie and is content as long as my husband or I are in the room.
tractor supply employees hardly ever know much about ducks, ducks need much more niacin so a duck pellet is always best (mazuri, purina, and mannapro all have duck feed)

You need to supplement niacin or they will get bow legged and eventually crippled. Also is that a scab on the bottom of the foot?
Will do. Right now I'm having him/her eat peas with their food as it's high in niacin. What brands/products do you recommend?

Back
Top Bottom