is my easter egger a roo?

chicken mummy15

Chirping
Mar 29, 2015
mass
Ive been doing a lot of research on sexing easter eggers and im still a little stumped. I have a 5 week old chick all yellow coloring but has 3 or 4 distinct peas in its comb. I hear roos are pretty flashy but this chick is all just a yellow blond color. What i want to know is it possible for a young roo to have this type of coloring.

welcome-byc.gif
so glad you have joined us.

I have no experience with EE but most who are state there really is no one exact breed for those, unless you have an Americana? 5 weeks may be a little early to decide. I would suggest you take NorthFlChick's advice and post pic along with your question under the link she has given you and hopefully you will get experienced opines.

Hope the chick in question is what you want it to be.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! NorthFLChick has left you a great link to post some pics in so I will just welcome and hope you enjoy BYC. I'm sure you will everyone here to help and very friendly. Do you have any other chickens?

Good luck with your EE :frow

i have 15 easter eggers. All are supposed to be pullets. All vary in color and personality. buy overall they are all pretty friendly. :)

Back
Top Bottom