Is my egg rotten?

cheekychook101

Hatching
Apr 5, 2020
Help please, I am new at hatching my own eggs. I have just candled my eggs now, after 8 days of incubating, and I have come across something. All of my other eggs look fine, (well except for one with a large blood ring), but this one is a little weird. It is completely dark on one side and the other has a few hairline cracks. I have researched and put some wax over the cracks but I believe it may be rotten.
1586068844606.png

Should I throw it out? I'm really scared that I'm wrong and am about to kill an innocent chick but I'm also pretty sure it is rotten and don't want it to explode.

Help please, I am new at hatching my own eggs. I have just candled my eggs now, after 8 days of incubating, and I have come across something. All of my other eggs look fine, (well except for one with a large blood ring), but this one is a little weird. It is completely dark on one side and the other has a few hairline cracks. I have researched and put some wax over the cracks but I believe it may be rotten.
View attachment 2076008
Should I throw it out? I'm really scared that I'm wrong and am about to kill an innocent chick but I'm also pretty sure it is rotten and don't want it to explode.
Its probably no good usually they will have a smell to it or will have yellow stuff coming out air holes .... I would throw it out. Day 8 u should be able to see in it.

Back
Top Bottom