Is My Flukers a Fluke?? Weird Thermo!

Do you remember the trouble I had with mine during my first hatch? I'd check the Min/Max, and it read anywhere between 68F and 133F, but every time I checked my incubator it was fine. I don't know what's up with them.

I remember that, but I had forgotten you had this one. It sure does go crazy and if I wasn't aware, I'd panic and adjust the bator when it didn't need it. The first time I used it, it didn't seem to do that.

I have two and both give the same reading on humidity and a .5* difference on temps. I have them on difference sides of the incubator. I would take it back and get a new one.

I exchanged my flukey Fluker's today for a new one and so far, this one seems to be reading more on the mark, no wild fluctuations. The hygro reads 5% higher than my AcuRite, but that's no big deal. I've had great hatches using the AcuRite reading, so I'll just keep that in the back of my mind.

I have been super happy with my $20 cook's digital thermometer. Bought it at a kitchen store (or Target, can't remember). I back that up with a good old fashioned thermometer, too.

Back
Top Bottom