Is my girl menstruating?

Thank you! Do I just put this in the water? And can all of them use it as a preventative?
Yes... depending on which one you buy, powder vs liquid, the amounts vary. It will not hurt to treat your entire flock all at the same time.
Screenshot_20190615-154919.png

DC1B3DF3-9D19-4BAE-8692-B710070C6DC8.jpeg
4F5594A0-6775-43F0-B307-0EFC8EEF6D75.jpeg
Did you happen to take a picture of it?

No it's not normal to bleed before laying. Something is wrong with one of your chicks. When you get home do a thorough exam for injuries on each one and look for any unusual behavio6 (lethargy, puffed up stance, etc). Also post pics of the blood and poop to help figure this out.

They’re not the best pictures but they’re the only “good” ones I could find in the coop. I did get the Corid (amprolium) solution for coccidiosis for their water. So hopefully that will help. Can’t hurt, right?

View attachment 1814657 View attachment 1814658

They’re not the best pictures but they’re the only “good” ones I could find in the coop. I did get the Corid (amprolium) solution for coccidiosis for their water. So hopefully that will help. Can’t hurt, right?
Based on those pictures it does look like bloody droppings so definitely treat for Coccidiosis. Looks like you caught it in time if no other symptoms yet. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom