Is my goat pregnant?

Bird_Lover_17

Birds are life
Apr 9, 2020
USA
She’s 10 years old and had been with the bucks. She’s a Nigerian Dwarf. If she was pregnant she’s be due in August. Does anyone think that she’s pregnant?
850960C7-645B-41E7-ADB1-67ECD5E464A2.jpeg

That’s the part that I can’t figure out. It’s more than earlier this month but not much View attachment 3169450
With her being older starting to slowly bag up a month before isn't uncommon. Watch for a swollen vulva along with discharge also her bag getting shiny and udders getting hard.
When that happens usually within 1-2 days they give birth (sometimes hours). Has she been nipping or biting at her belly at all?

Also it looks like the baby/babies have dropped if I am seeing correctly. Do her hip bones seem more prominent with an indent between her spine and her belly on both sides? It looks like it from the picture, but angles and lighting in pictures can always be deceiving.

She looks like she is pregnant. There are two things you can do. Keep a close eye on the rear udder where it joins the body. Changes in the udder due to pregnancy are first seen there. The other thing to do is to stand behind the goat. Wrap your arms around her and clasp your hands together right in front of the udder. Now push up sharply. You should be able to feel the kids as they drop back down.

Back
Top Bottom