Is my Goose attacking my Gander?

I did get them from a hatchery.
I’ve been wondering why she wasn’t fully gray. Snow, my gander, looks correct, based on what you’re describing FoodFreedomNow.
I’ll get a picture of him later.
Hissy was originally named Gris, the Spanish word for gray, until she began getting aggressive with the ducks, drakes, dogs and kids. She would hiss at everyone, hence the name change.
Could the mixed breed status be part of the reason she could be extra aggressive?
While personalities can vary among individual birds within the same breeds, it's possible that Hissy's behavior could be influenced by genes from another breed. Do you know what other breeds the hatchery offered? I'd definitely contact that hatchery and let them know about Hissy.

Since people often get Pilgrims for their autosexing trait, I'd be concerned about whether Hissy's offspring will autosex correctly (especially the females).

She looks like she could have Steinbacher in her, which is a fighting goose breed, that could explain her spiciness, if not it’s just her personality.
I’ve never even heard of a fighting goose breed. It is entirely possible, from my observations and experiences with her. She is far more vicious, and antagonistic than any of my other geese have been. She will run across the yard to attack the dog or the kids that haven’t come anywhere near her. Without provocation.
Granted, I’m positive that she’s protected my ducks from all manner of possible and potential predators because of it. But she’s also attacked the ducks, Snow, and the other two African ganders we used to have.
I will look into contacting the hatchery. I got the Pilgrim geese for the more mild temperament, and the autosexing traits. I was hoping to have offspring and have a little brood of ducklings and goslings running around my backyard.
But, Snow is absolutely terrified of her. He won’t go anywhere near her. So, I’m definitely not going to get any goslings from their pairing.
Thank you all for helping me try to figure this out!

I’ve never even heard of a fighting goose breed. It is entirely possible, from my observations and experiences with her. She is far more vicious, and antagonistic than any of my other geese have been. She will run across the yard to attack the dog or the kids that haven’t come anywhere near her. Without provocation.
Granted, I’m positive that she’s protected my ducks from all manner of possible and potential predators because of it. But she’s also attacked the ducks, Snow, and the other two African ganders we used to have.
I will look into contacting the hatchery. I got the Pilgrim geese for the more mild temperament, and the autosexing traits. I was hoping to have offspring and have a little brood of ducklings and goslings running around my backyard.
But, Snow is absolutely terrified of her. He won’t go anywhere near her. So, I’m definitely not going to get any goslings from their pairing.
Thank you all for helping me try to figure this out!
Poor Snow! Hissy’s definitly the spiciest girl I’ve heard of!

Back
Top Bottom