Is my hen broody or just playing with my feelings ??

Shafaq samad

Chirping
May 11, 2021
Yesterday's morning my hen (almost 2 years) WENT missing i searched all the places but didn't found her. Then later i saw brown thing on corner of my table there she was we thought maybe she got scared and was sitting there first i thought she's dead cuz she wasn't moving at all so i went to her she started attacking me then she stand up and i saw an egg which she layed 2 days before and we weren't able to found it. So i placed 1 more egg and she took them but 5 mins later she came eat food and return there while she was eating i was making her nest cuz the floor was hard and maybe eggs can break she sat there. After 3 hours i came she was wandering around she didn't go to her eggs again. Now today she didn't go there and eggs were alone. So is my hen playing with me ? :(

I don't know how your nests are set up but you may want to lock her in the coop for a day or two to retrain her. Otherwise you could be in for an egg hunt every few days.
Haha you are right lol.I am thinking to put plastic bin in her cage and also add some shavings and nest materials in bin.

More likely she was in a pre-broody state, testing out brooding, and the small change in the environment broke her. This stage is the most fragile unfortunately

Oh really? :( How can i encourage her to become broody again ?

It really depends on how much the change shocked her. If she really didn't like it, then she completely broke and she'll go back to laying. If she still has hatching in the back of her mind then the best thing to do is to leave (fake) eggs out for her, around six will do. Moving her around too much might make her even more unwilling to sit

It really depends on how much the change shocked her. If she really didn't like it, then she completely broke and she'll go back to laying. If she still has hatching in the back of her mind then the best thing to do is to leave (fake) eggs out for her, around six will do. Moving her around too much might make her even more unwilling to sit
Omg i think i have messed up :( well let's I'll update you then thank you so much. Have a nice day :)

Back
Top Bottom