Is my hen sick?

Ohhhh noooo
What did he say is her problem? Why is she malnourished? Did he check her for parasites?
Also did he say to get some NutriDrench for poultry? My mom saved a lot of dogs with NutriCal. She was a vet technician.
And we would probably die if we saw how some people take care of their chickens...I know I would. Some people feel that a tiny box is sufficient for a living space of 4 hens.
And without grass chickens do not thrive, even if it's only for an hour, that gives them time to get the healthy benefits...that is my opinion.
He found an impacted crop that he suspected became impacted due to the fact that she was so sickly. He said we needed to treat for that so she could get the support from the medicine because she likely had a bacterial infection. No parasites. No lice. I did give her NutriDrench. I’m so sad and mad at myself for not knowing she was underweight or I would have brought her in a week and a half ago. But I’m grateful she at least got to be in a comfortable home in my arms at the end of her life. She likely would have froze to death and gone unnoticed at the other guy’s coop. I lost her at 1am. :(

He found an impacted crop that he suspected became impacted due to the fact that she was so sickly. He said we needed to treat for that so she could get the support from the medicine because she likely had a bacterial infection. No parasites. No lice. I did give her NutriDrench. I’m so sad and mad at myself for not knowing she was underweight or I would have brought her in a week and a half ago. But I’m grateful she at least got to be in a comfortable home in my arms at the end of her life. She likely would have froze to death and gone unnoticed at the other guy’s coop. I lost her at 1am. :(
:hugs I'm so sorry...it is good that the end of her life was with you, being cared for.
It's hard to tell if a chicken is underweight, esp since you are a new chicken owner.
Crop issues I am not good with either, unless they have a sour smell.

:hugs I'm so sorry...it is good that the end of her life was with you, being cared for.
It's hard to tell if a chicken is underweight, esp since you are a new chicken owner.
Crop issues I am not good with either, unless they have a sour smell.
Thank you. Geeze... we only had her for a week and a half and I fell hard for her! I would have never guessed one could love a chicken so quickly. I can only imagine how hard it is for someone who’s had their hen for years...

Back
Top Bottom