Is my hen wheezy?

jessicalynnw123

Chirping
Jul 28, 2022
I can’t tell if my hen is wheezy or if she was purring. She’s up and normal and eating and doesn't sound wheezy when she’s running around. She’s not sneezing or anything but here’s what she looks like. Does she look sick?

Attachments

• 1B88F668-D012-4411-9A19-42988C8BE81F.jpeg
    1B88F668-D012-4411-9A19-42988C8BE81F.jpeg
    682.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 4A9A06C9-7A97-4041-84A1-A81503A7B7FF.jpeg
    4A9A06C9-7A97-4041-84A1-A81503A7B7FF.jpeg
    701.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 07CA3F6F-E967-4ACB-9BC8-1002AF266F5D.jpeg
    07CA3F6F-E967-4ACB-9BC8-1002AF266F5D.jpeg
    720.7 KB · Views: 2
  • B2822959-78D9-485A-B3BC-521F27E583D1.jpeg
    B2822959-78D9-485A-B3BC-521F27E583D1.jpeg
    771.7 KB · Views: 2
Do I hear two hens on the video? One sounds just like normal "hen talk," but one does sound a little wheezy.

Do you hear any clicking? Is she sneezing?

As for the pictures, her posture looks normal, but, to you, does her comb look pale compared to what it normally looks like? I wouldn't be able to tell without a comparison photo.
Yes it looks pale to me

Yes it looks pale to me
Do I hear two hens on the video? One sounds just like normal "hen talk," but one does sound a little wheezy.

As for the pictures, her posture looks normal, but, to you, does her comb look pale compared to what it normally looks like? I wouldn't be able to tell without a comparison photo.
Yeah I had another hen who decided she wanted to join

In the videos, I am hearing rales (crackles or rattles) and some sneezing or snicking. How does the crop feel? Empty and flat, full, puffy, hard, or doughy? I would suspect a respiratory infection. Sometimes a crop that is not emptying overnight can be full and liquid may come up into the airways. But with a respiratory infection, mucus draining into the airway from the sinus can cause the rales sound.

How is the ventilation in your coop? Is there any ammonia odor from droppings, a lot of moisture or spilled feed, or mold? Dust in feed can also irritate the nostrils. Do you see any bubbles in either eye, swollen eyelid, or drainage from the nostrils or beak? Respiratory infections can be virus or bacterial, and sometimes from mold fungus. Have you added any new birds recently?

In the videos, I am hearing rales (crackles or rattles) and some sneezing or snicking. How does the crop feel? Empty and flat, full, puffy, hard, or doughy? I would suspect a respiratory infection. Sometimes a crop that is not emptying overnight can be full and liquid may come up into the airways. But with a respiratory infection, mucus draining into the airway from the sinus can cause the rales sound.

How is the ventilation in your coop? Is there any ammonia odor from droppings, a lot of moisture or spilled feed, or mold? Dust in feed can also irritate the nostrils. Do you see any bubbles in either eye, swollen eyelid, or drainage from the nostrils or beak? Respiratory infections can be virus or bacterial, and sometimes from mold fungus. Have you added any new birds recently?
Ventilation is good. I clean it out everyday. I started a new fresh feed maybe that’s it? Idk. Eyes and nose looks good and Lear her comb is pale though. She’s eating and drinking normal.

Back
Top Bottom