1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is my humidity high enough??? Yeah 1 pip... : )

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tia, Jul 19, 2011.

1. tia

tia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    I'm hatching turkey eggs. The humidity for 25 days was at 45% I turned it up to 65% for the last three days. Lots of rolling around but no pips yet. They are not due to hatch until tomorrow. I hope they can get out of there. What do you think? Have I got the humidity high enough, or should I raise it up a little?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  2. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    You should go higher, especially when a pip starts. I've heard the turkeys can take longer to zip, which means they could shrink wrap more easily. I'm incubating for the first time, and another person suggested kevin porters web page:

http://www.porterturkeys.com/egghatchingtips.htm

[​IMG]

3. tia

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    Thanks... I turned my humidity up.

4. tia

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    I got a pip..... yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Oh, excellent! Come on out little turkeys!

6. kellyatric

kellyatric Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2011
    England
    Good luck little Turkeys [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by