Is my Muscovy a male

Thanks guys. The duck is very funny and it sure likes to wag its tail a lot and act pretty funny when I feed it. This duck has a lot more personality then the others I had. A very amusing duck.

It seems Pekins grow faster then muscovies. If one the Pekins end up with a loud quake, it is female for sure. It seems eaiser to sex Pekins when they get their voice then the Muscovies
I had a female Pekin and she was loud.

How to do tell the gender of them? I have two Pekins and two muscoveys, both roughly the same age (just a few days apart) the Pekins were tiny when we got them, now both are bigger than the muscoveys. The muscoveys really don't look like they've grown much. Although, today one went after my rooster because the rooster was eating their food... Hubby said that one was a female bc she was grouchy
wink.png

Size, drakes are big, big feet, big legs, just big.. here in the back, all drakes, in the pool? left is the drake, right is the duck. All the same age, they are a clutch from March. You should see them now, she looks like a mini duck up against them lol

another pair of mine under 1yo.. drake to the right, duck to the left.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. The duck is very funny and it sure likes to wag its tail a lot and act pretty funny when I feed it. This duck has a lot more personality then the others I had. A very amusing duck.
All Muscovy wag, it's a trait of them they start doing it as wee one, it's so dog like lol
It seems Pekins grow faster then muscovies. If one the Pekins end up with a loud quake, it is female for sure. It seems eaiser to sex Pekins when they get their voice then the Muscovies
They do, i don't personally own any but seen enough and heard enough .. as well i have some buffs that are huge right now in compared to my scovie clutch from this Month, the aging is less than a week(and i don't mean my preemies lol)

Last edited:
Size, drakes are big, big feet, big legs, just big.. here in the back, all drakes, in the pool? left is the drake, right is the duck. All the same age, they are a clutch from March. You should see them now, she looks like a mini duck up against them lol another pair of mine under 1yo.. drake to the right, duck to the left.
Oh wow!! There is a huge difference!! They seem to be roughly the same size so I guess they're both females. I was kinda hoping for a male to get us some more ducklings! Well just have lots of eggs instead :) thanks so much!

I

I'll have to keep that in mind.. They seem to be trying to talk very loud, LOL they open their mouths WIDE but not much comes out yet

Back
Top Bottom