Is my quails dying?

danielb1990

Chirping
Mar 11, 2018
Hi just wondering does anyone know if quails get more vocal before dying as i have one my female quails chipping every few seconds like a squeek there gonna be 3 years old soon
japanese coturnix type
they have plenty food/water

As far as I know, 3 is old in quail years. But mine are about 2.5 and some of the have been squeaking/"cricketing" their whole lives. Wait and see, keep her comfy, wishing you and your flock the best.

Yep wiki says 2.5 year adverage span and sounds like a squeek like a dog squeek toy is it possible its like a bad dream squeek like when dogs have them as whenever i look at them there laying down/sitting in corner?

Last edited:
My quail passed away silently. They never made any sound. So I am always happy to hear them chatting outside. I know they are alright.

cool didnt know if it was like a warning squuek as upto now genrally been quite unless late night im talking

My quail passed away silently. They never made any sound. So I am always happy to hear them chatting outside. I know they are alright.
Hi can know your quail that passed away is a female? How old is it? Mine passed away silently at near 4 years old. Felt sad so wondering what went wrong to her.

Hi can know your quail that passed away is a female? How old is it? Mine passed away silently at near 4 years old. Felt sad so wondering what went wrong to her.

Everybody who died naturally were hens, only because roosters usually end up in my freezer. Strawberry died suddenly over night, I don't know why. She was only a year old and the other one, Miss Penguin, had a stroke and died three months later, also only a year old. Berta and Herby were euthanized by a vet. They had developed severe gout.

Back
Top Bottom