Is my Rcom 20 max broken

Ribatutta

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 28, 2018
I bought an Rcom 20 max second hand. It seemed fine when I turned it on but took about 4 hours to reach the set humidity and it’s been fine at 40-45%
It has used a lot of water (about 3 litres) but I’m not sure if that’s normal?
Now I’ve got to say 18 and the humidity doesn’t seem to want to go above 40% after being set to go to 65% 4 hours ago.
Should I wait longer To see if it gets there or does it sound like the humidity is broken?? ☹️

I bought an Rcom 20 max second hand. It seemed fine when I turned it on but took about 4 hours to reach the set humidity and it’s been fine at 40-45%
It has used a lot of water (about 3 litres) but I’m not sure if that’s normal?
Now I’ve got to say 18 and the humidity doesn’t seem to want to go above 40% after being set to go to 65% 4 hours ago.
Should I wait longer To see if it gets there or does it sound like the humidity is broken?? ☹️
Do you have a seperate humidity gauge inside? You could put one in to check. I dont know anything about this model but hopefully someone may be able to help.

Did you use distilled water? It says regular tap water can ruin them. I have to add water to my RCom 20 every day, it really guzzles it down.

Hey thanks for the replies.
It was about the going rate for second hand. The lady I bought it off said she only used distilled water and I have aswell. She bought it new last year and used it 4 times and is having to sell due to illness. I went to pick it up from her house so I believe her.
The humidity light is on and the machine seems to think it’s working fine!! But the humidity is not rising.
I’ve put a jug of water in it and a separate sensor which tallies with the machine humidity and it’s managed to get it to 50% so hopefully it will be enough for my eggs to hatch?
Ive been back in touch with the seller and she said it’s still under warranty so hopefully we can get it sorted but I’m just worried about the eggs that are in it now.

Bummer. There are a few ways you can get the humidity up. One would be to place a sponge in with the eggs, the other would be to put small containers of water under the tray like this:
DSCN2799.JPG

Back
Top Bottom