is my RIR a roo?

Quote:
Ditto.
hmm.png

Thanks everyone for your input.... I will have to find them a good home...start again with new chicks... my neighbors would NOT be happy!
sad.png

I will miss them but I always knew it was a 50/50 shot at a hen, have a wonderful week everyone!!!

I don't know either, I am having the same problem with my 4 and a half month old .Here is a pic of mine and everybody on here told me it is a rooster, but It still hasn't crowed yet. But I am getting an extra brown egg sometimes so maybe you can compare it to mine. Hope this helps.

51083_100_0888.jpg

51083_100_0883.jpg

Well after a few days - we KNOW Edie is now Edward. he is always attacking me and crows morning and a few times in the afternoon - I am trying to find him a home. He is in the bathtub from 5:15am to 6:15am - crowing!!!! Then I take him back outside and he's ok.

Today I am leaving them out of the coop while I go to work - I never do that - but they are fighting now - knocking their water bottles over - and I thought - heck with it!!! Let them roam the yard all day. And yes, my second 'hen' has the same wattles and seems hen-like, but I don't know - they are the same age... this has doesn't have the neck quills like Edward,
Good luck with yours - they are laying? At least one is? Good! I have to start over - getting two SEXED RIR pullets on Saturday.
hmm.png

Dang it - he just crowed again... I hope my neighbors are not getting mad.... so far everyone I've asked says they don't hear him....

Quote:
They LOOK the same but mine have a little larger comb and wattles - otherwise VERY similar for my second one - no neck quills on yours either.... same age too. That hasn't crowed yet either..do yours have spur bumps getting any bigger?

Last edited:
I agree, the 2 are roos, as well as the other person's pic posted is a roo.

Back
Top Bottom