Is my Serama pullet frizzled?

Thanks! They’re giant personalities in tiny packages, lol. So far, ours have been house pets as well... though they have had supervised excursions outside for a few hours at a time with the main flock when the weather happens to be really warm, sunny and calm (for winter anyway, above zero at least). The roo and bigger hen sure enjoy it, the little one would always rather cozy up inside my heated jacket though. But wow, it’s incredible how feisty the little roo is! He will always challenge any of my other chickens that come within 10’ of the hen. All of my silkies, 3 roos included, are scared of the pint sized whirlwind!

My son recently got a trio of young Seramas for 4H. The feathers on the smallest pullet (same age but half the size of the other hen) always appears ruffled. They don’t obviously curl outward but they certainly don’t lay flat. She doesn’t appear to have any health problems.
I raise a large flock of silkies and have no experience with smooth feathered chickens let alone frizzled ones, lol.
So, in your opinion, does she appear to be frizzled?View attachment 1640772 View attachment 1640773
She is a frizzle, and beautiful. I had one just like her. The sweetest little thing. She will be more apt to get parasites, and cold as well because of the frizzle. So if you have them in outdoor coop area keep a closer eye on her condition. If she is just inside don't worry about it. :)

Back
Top Bottom