Is My Silkie A Rooster....any guesses welcome lol

BerthasMommy

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 4, 2011
Southeast Texas
so this little 4 month old silkie is "supose" to be a rooster... I have no idea i just know i had to have the cutie lol.....Anyone wanna give me a guess lol
fuw7e8.jpg

Quote:
I totally agree. If the crest ain't big enough to see the manly (for a silkie) "streamers" coming off the back of it, check the area where the comb will be: part the crest & look for the 2 - 3 little spikes (they will be little, but visable at this age) on the end of the comb farthest from the beak. If you see them, you've got yourself a boy, most likely.
Good luck!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I totally agree. If the crest ain't big enough to see the manly (for a silkie) "streamers" coming off the back of it, check the area where the comb will be: part the crest & look for the 2 - 3 little spikes (they will be little, but visable at this age) on the end of the comb farthest from the beak. If you see them, you've got yourself a boy, most likely.
Good luck!
thumbsup.gif

I definitely see three little spikes!!!!!
big_smile.png

I also have a sick silkie also right now that I think is having some vitamin deficiencies(keeping fingers crossed she gets better with the vitamins and electrolytes) I looked at it and it has no spikes at all (they where supose to both be male but i had a feeling about that one)

Back
Top Bottom