Is my understanding correct

JoePa

Songster
11 Years
Apr 18, 2011
Lehigh County Pa.
When a chicken eats grid that we gave it - the grid ends up in the croup where it remains until it gradually moves to the gizzard - there it is used to grind up the food that the chicken eats - the grid stays in the gizzard a long time until it slowly grinds away - at that point the chicken needs to eat more grid - is that the way it works? thanks

Who cares if he spelled it wrong or not. I read a post earlier from you in another thread with a spelling mistake but didn’t feel the need to correct you.

Because some people like to be informed on proper terminology and may genuinely not know the proper words so I thought I'd let them know? Who put ants in your pants today?

Because some people like to be informed on proper terminology and may genuinely not know the proper words so I thought I'd let them know? Who put ants in your pants today?
Nobody yet but you’re working on it. The point is you knew exactly what he was saying. The spelling errors made zero difference in you being able to comprehend what he said.

Another question about grit, if I can ask: does chickens find grit in the soil if we do not provide it?
Yes. But in some locales or climates, the particle size, shape or composition available may be inadequate and sometimes the ground is frozen making grit inaccessible.
It's cheap and last a long time so it's good insurance to just keep it out for free choice feeding.

Back
Top Bottom